Sunday, October 11, 2009

“The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.” Isaiah 40:8



This is the first time in 30 YEARS Don and I have had a week without children. 30 years is a long time. I'm pretty excited to have this quiet week. Part of the fun is knowing that it's temporary - like a vacation.
We had a great visit with Benjamin this fall break weekend. Plenty to do this week. On Tuesday, I guess I will go to Auntie Phee's by myself. and then I will go to the Hillsborough market by myself too.

Thursday is a fellowship day with Bible Study Fellowship and it's at my house - who is going to help me clean to prepare? I need the windows in the dining room cleaned and who knows the last time it was dusted in there.
Not to mention vacuuming. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully, I will get the dining room shining but I have to do the bathroom too - of course in order to get to the bathroom you have to go through the kitchen. Oh my. That's just about the whole house!
I'm not really stressed, I'm mostly kidding. My joy will be to have the ladies over. I'm sure all will be just fine.
I hope to make some really fun cookies as a little gift for them to take home. I think I read it in my Southern Living magazine. Candy corn cookies - I will put them in a plastic bag with a ribbon that has a Bible verse attached to it. Something like sweetness of the Lord.

Another big event I have coming up is my Reformation Fellowship. It's not this Friday but I think the Friday after. At the fellowship we are all to have picked out a character in Reformation history and tell everyone about them and if they want to be really fun - dress like them. I'm thinking I am just going to make a big roast and serve it with vegetables. I will make it a simple meal. If others ask to bring anything I will ask them if they would like to bring something from their time period. Who knows, we'll see how interested people really are.

- We are homeschool parents with kids all grown up, still playing and having fun.

Next weekend has got a great conference - I have never been to it, I have seen pictures and I know about some of the speakers. Godly folks that love the Lord - can't wait.


http://www.simplydevoted.com/ctg/ctg.html


Tonight is apologetics - should be fun. We are supposed to bring our hard questions and hopefully get an answer. I'm thrilled with the number of young folks that are attending. Half of the reason they come is that they love the teacher - respect him and listen to every word he says, may not do it but they are listening.

The house is quiet, I think I will call and check on our poor Ben - pray for his recovery from his biking accident. I"m sure he will be fine but it's going to be a long 6 week recovery time.
I guess I should also think about dinner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

all these things going on! maybe I should stop talking about myself and listen to what's happening with you!

Mary said...

The funny thing is, if you were to ask me what I was doing I would say "just regular stuff" Sometimes people will ask me how my week went and I have to really stop and think just to remember what happened last week. I need that oil that rejuvenates your brain (probably to much wine, don't tell.)
.. <3 ...

I see from a human stand point