Wednesday, September 02, 2009

We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you

The past couple days have been busy. Why am I always so busy? I know why, it's Don's fault. Who else could be to blame for my troubles? Have I told you lately how wonderful Don is? He is my steady rock. I should call him Petra cause that means rock.

Went to a Bible study with Elisa tonight, not sure what I thought. The young couple were very friendly but I'm not sure of their Biblical mindset. The wife lead the Bible study while the husband was there. I kinda had a problem with that but I tried to keep an open mind cause women did all kinds of things in the New Testament. The genuine love of the Lord was evident in her words and in her actions. But then she referred to the big bang as how the creation was started. I first asked myself, she doesn't really mean that does she? As the evening went on I think she did. On the other hand I recognized her as a sister in Christ with a different belief then I do. I talked to Elisa about it and, of course, she had some really wise things to say. She wondered how a person could worship a god that did not create him or her. What authority would that god have in your life? He just, what? Made the big bang and let all the pieces come together. Randomly? Elisa said one of the things she loves most of about God is His magnificent creation. I second her remark. I love what God has done. I love that God is sovereign that He is bigger then the earth (earf) and all the parts of it. I love the detail He put into so many things, even the small cell and even smaller stuff. God is.
I think, if the Lord will direct this, that I would love to become friends with this young women. Maybe she and I can go over some scriptures together. You know, I didn't understand God's creation until some one showed me. So, maybe God will use me to tell her.

Other stuff I have been doing. I got a lot of my Sunday school stuff organized for this qtr. I went and visited my BSF leader. I had a great chat with her. She was very kind to this easily distracted sister and seemed to see success in me where as I don't really see it in myself.
I have the names of my ladies and they are old - like 50. I thought as I read through the list "man, my group is full of grandmas" then I realized AAHH!! they are my age. So, here I go with the grandmas again. I guess grandmas are people too.

The weather has been lovely even a bit chilly. I wore a jacket on my morning walk. That's why I changed my post.
Elisa made the BEST peanut butter cookies with a dollop of chocolate in the middle. It's a tough battle and I'm kind of losing.
I still have not figured out the camera batteries yet so when I do I will post pictures.


Colossians 1:15-17
15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together

5 comments:

Don said...

since I am a fix it kind of guy, ...yes it is my fault you have been busy, but I'll get better, I thought creation occurred in 6 10,000 year days, if I have married older you wouldn't be 50 now (my fault), I think I broke the batteries but I'll buy new ones, and I ate too many cookies and showed you how, My fault, but I'll fix it.

Us: said...

mmm...those cookies were amazing. But don't worry, if we keep eating them soon they'll be gone and we won't have to be tempted anymore. sounds like a plan to me! :)

Erin Tuggle said...

Can I third what Elisa says?

I was watching the birds this morning and thinking of how amazing they are. They are so beautiful. So colorful. One of our cats was trying to catch one of the birds but it flew away to fast.

This reminds me...I need to buy some bird feed soon.

Love you!

Unknown said...

you're funny dad :)

Don't you love changing seasons mom? I think putting on a jacket is just delightful... hasn't happened yet here.

I hope you are able to talk to Elisa's friend, but if not, you can still pray for her. It's God's responsibility to set her straight. (according to Vodie... she HAS had 1400 hours of seat time listening to her humanistic teachers - why wouldn't she believe in evolution).

Mary said...

Good points. Thanks.

I see from a human stand point